Featured Post

Ancient Teachings

Genesis 1, 28 says that we should "go forth and multiply, and replenish the earth." Not all Bibles have this "replenish the e...

Friday, July 17, 2015

Mind Map: Power-Gen Africa #PGAfrica 2015 Conference David Lipschitz 15th July 2015 Day 1

Mind Map: Power-Gen Africa #PGAfrica 2015 Conference David Lipschitz 15th July 2015 Day 1


The PowerGen Conference was on in Cape Town at the CTICC, Cape Town International Convention Centre, from 15th to 17th July 2015.

This presentation shows:
1) Start here

2) Plenary Keynotes with Nigel Blakeby from Pennwell, Mr Jacob Mbile who represented Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson from the DOE, Mr Brian Molefe, CEO of Eskom, Mr Sicelo Xulu from City Power in Johannesburg. I was surprised by Mr Xulu's honesty and welcomed his discussion, especially the section on Digitization, which is so critical for micro-grids, and efficiency of the grid, and reduction of waste.

3) Plenary Panel Discussion: subject: The challenges facing the electricity supply industry in Africa

4) Mr Xulu spoke again in the Plenary. A very interesting man.

5) After lunch, a panel discussion in the Technical Track on Gas Engines (generators that use gas)

6) A panel discussion in the Strategic Track on Energy Planning: Transitioning the Power System. This was so complex that I created the sub mind maps for Rodin Consulting and "How will SA grow its electricity supply".

"People": some of the people I met and what they said.

"Research": more things for me to find out about.

[]: anything is square brackets are my thoughts, possibly for more research.

Note: I have done 3D mind maps in the past. this is the first time I have put a hole day of mind maps on a single page. Hope you like it and look forward to your feedback.

PS: I have permission from Pennwell to publish this Mind Map. I thorough recommend their conferences. If you'd like me to present this mind map to you, please let me know.


https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/wip6kemrRxzm4X

No comments:

Post a Comment